The slow cooker is a kitchen must-have. Ideal if you lead a busy lifestyle and don’t have time to cook, a slow cooker is like having an extra pair of helping hands in the kitchen. The countertop electrical cooking appliance works by maintaining a low temperature over many hours allowing you to cook a meal without even having to be there.
Spice up your Cooking with a Slow Cooker
Most slow cookers are round or oval in shape and come with a well-fitted lid to prevent any splattering. They are made of heat resistant materials such as porcelain or ceramic and come in a range of sizes. The majority of slow cookers come with a heating timer; this device will shut down or switch your slow cooker to a low temperature after a set period. This gives you piece of mind that you will never burn the dinner!
Slow cookers are ideal for making delicious stews, curries, casseroles and soups with very little effort. A slow cooker can also be used to make puddings and jams.
Not only is a slow cooker convenient it’s also a great money saver! For those of you counting the pennies or strapped for cash you will be pleased to know that a slow cooker uses the same amount of electricity as a light bulb. The cooker is also perfect for transforming cheap cuts of meat, such as chicken thighs or stewing steak into tender and succulent meals thanks to the slow moist cooking process. Slow cookers will not only reduce your electricity bill but will allow you to cut back on your food budget whilst still producing delicious, nutrient rich food.
Save Time and Money
If you are a busy professional or simply don’t have time to make a home cooked meal everyday then a slow cooker is ideal. A slow cooker can be left unattended all day, just throw in the ingredients before going to work, safe in the knowledge that when you return you will have a nutritious home-cooked meal waiting for you.
The extended cooking time also allows for a better distribution of flavours, because slow cookers cook at a much lower temperature compared to frying, baking and boiling, you are less likely to burn the food or find it stuck to the bottom of the pan.
Slow Cookers are also great if you want to eat at different times to other members of your family or household. Once the meal is cooked, simply leave on the keep warm setting so others can help themselves to dinner when they are ready.
Owning a slow cooker also frees up oven and hob space for other uses- ideal for large gatherings or family occasions where you need to prepare lots of food at the same time.
In summary, a slow cooker is a great investment. Perfect for penny-pinching and time-conscious cooks. A slow cooker will not only produce tasty, succulent meals but can do so without you having to lift a finger.
Click to view all our slow cooker reviews.
Read our individual Slow Cooker reviews:
- Is the Tefal RK302E15 8-in-1 Cooker any good?
- Breville VTP112 Slow Cooker
- Jamie Oliver Tefal CY400015 Slow Cooker
- Morphy Richards 48787 Slow Cooker
- Is the John Lewis PSC350JLU Slow Cooker worth buying?
- Morphy Richards 48784 Slow Cooker
- JML V1910 Star Chef Cooker
- Logik L33SCSS10 Slow Cooker
- The Best Slow Cookers Available Online
- Morphy Richards 48715 Slow Cooker
- Morphy Richards 48719 Slow Cooker
- Breville VTP067 Slow Cooker
- Hinari HSC008 Slow Cooker
- Wahl ZX710 Slow Cooker
- Breville RC3 Rice Cooker and Steamer
- Morphy Richards 48718 Slow Cooker
- Morphy Richards 48721 Slow Cooker
- Morphy Richards 48728 Accents Slow Cooker
- Morphy Richards 48810 Intellichef
- Morphy Richards Slow Cookers
- Crock Pot SC7500 Slow Cooker
- Morphy Richards 48710 Oval Slow Cooker Stainless Steel 3.5L
- Breville VTP036 Slow Cooker
- Kenwood CP666 Curry Slow Cooker
- Breville MM18 Antony Worrall Thompson One Pot Slow Cooker
- Crock Pot SCV400W Oval Slow Cooker
- Tefal 4 in 1: Slow Cooker, Steamer, Rice Cooker & Porridge Maker